- Workshops OR performance
- Workshops AND performance
- Performance & question & answer session (Arts Award)
We can come to your school and you can watch us PERFORM one of our range of shows.
Then, you can take part in our THEMED WORKSHOPS which would relate to the performance.
Our shows don’t just involve watching! All our performances encourage getting on your feet and taking part.
Our different shows are either:
- JUST FOR FUN
- HAVE FUN & LEARN
Our HAVE FUN & LEARN performances support the national curriculum, such as our “Silly Train does…” series such as:
- Silly Train Theatre does… Maths
- Silly Train Theatre does… Storytelling
- Silly Train does… Science
- Silly Train does… the Planets
We can also offer bespoke performances & workshops if there’s a particular topic the school would like us to cover.
Our FUN and exciting storytelling WORKSHOPS will build on the show and you'll learn
HOW TO CREATE CHARACTERS who will meet each other, and together we will CREATE STORIES
After the workshop you can then write about or draw at home.
In the workshops children would be encouraged to:
- Create exciting characters using voice and physicality
- Participate in structured improvisation through positive interaction
- Build new stories both individually and collaboratively using role play
- Explore and develop ideas through hot seating
- Continue to work on their stories at home through writing and drawing
- Build confidence and have fun!
National Curriculum Links
- Children can explore characters and events to develop their understanding of a narrative
- Use working in role to develop their own stories
- Interact with others positively during collaborative work
- Increase vocabulary and understanding
- Listen to and discuss the themes linking what they hear and read to their own experiences
Please note – for the Have Fun & Learn themed workshops, other national curriculum links will be fulfilled.
QUESTION & ANSWER
- If children are working towards their Arts Award Discover or Arts Award Explore, then we can offer a question and answer session after the show, whereby children can meet and interview our acting team and director.
- Then the children can then write about or draw at home to put in their Artsbox portfolio
PERFORM YOUR OWN STORIES
- If children are working towards their Arts Award Explore, then we can adapt the workshops so that afterwards children could share the characters and stories they have created by way of a performance in front of another class.